Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This dish is prepared in a grill pan on the stovetop. It is adapted from my local newspaper. Simple and easy to prepare. If using fillets you can leave the skin on and cook the skin side first. Serve skin side down.
- 1⁄3 cup basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 4 (6 ounce) salmon steaks or 4 (6 ounce) salmon fillets
- Heat a grill pan over medium high heat.
- Combine basil, olive oil, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Brush evenly over salmon pieces, tops and bottoms.
- Place salmon into pan and cook until browned on one side. Turn and cook until center is barely translucent in the center, about 10 minutes total.
I am not rating the recipe because I opted to grill it outside instead of on a grill pan, which resulted in a bit of dryness and loss of flavor. Next time I would seal each piece in foil before placing it on the grill to seal in the moisture...or try the stove top grill pan!
Into my 10 STAR book with this one. Delicious and so easy! I just got a cast iron grill pan and this was perfect for it. Going to have this one often. Made for Spring 2012 PAC game.