Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 mins
Fresh Salmon is just the best. I go fishing in Alaska once a year and bring home a fair amount. Testing different peoples recipes is great. This one is from EMERIL. I keep some of his Essence on hand at all times. The fruit salsa is so refreshing and a great summer time addition to the fish. I have not tried it on other fish but I am sure it would be great.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil, divided
- 4 (6 ounce) salmon fillets, skin-on
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
For the Fruit Salsa
- 3⁄4 cup small diced pineapple
- 3⁄4 cup small diced mango
- 1⁄2 cup small diced strawberry
- 1⁄4 cup small diced red onion
- 1 jalapeno, stemmed, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
emerils essence creole seasoning (Bayou Blast)
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- Preheat a grill to medium. I also grilled mine on a cedar plank.
- Brush both sides of the salmon with the olive oil. Season the salmon on both sides with the Essence(2 teaspoons), salt and pepper. Place the fish on the grill, skin side down and cook for about 3 minutes then turn the fish 45 degrees and cook for an additional 3 minutes. Turn the fish over and cook for an additional 2 minutes, or until cooked through to the desired degree of doneness.
- Remove the fish from the grill and serve with the fruit salsa spooned over the fish. Serve immediately.
- For the Salsa:.
- In a medium non-reactive bowl, combine all of the ingredients and stir to blend. Cover with plastic wrap and allow the salsa to macerate for 20 to 30 minutes before serving.