Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
this is a quick weeknight meal for these hot summer nights. alternately this can be roasted in the oven at 450 for 20 minutes. this can be made with tuna also, as i did in the photo.
- 1 mango, peeled, seeded, cubed
- 236.59 ml chopped onion
- 236.59 ml chopped fresh pineapple
- 59.14 ml fresh cilantro or 59.14 ml basil
- 2-4 chopped jalapenos
- 9.85 ml lime juice
- 0.5-0.75 ml hot sauce
- 907.18 g center cut salmon fillets
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 29.58 ml lemon juice
- salt & pepper
- preheat grill to high.
- in a medium bowl mix all the salsa ingredients.
- cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
- place salmon in a glass dish.
- rub both sides with oil and lemon juice, marinate in the fridge for 20-30 minutes place salmon on grill skin side down.
- cook 10 minutes, turning halfway through, until done to your liking.
- remove to a platter.
- add salt& pepper, serve with salsa.
Excellent! I made this with fresh tuna and my dinner guests raved. I used fresh pineapple, added 1/2 a red pepper, chopped and some extra cilantro. Fantastic!
Delicious combination of flavors. So good with the salmon! I didn't grill my salmon, but baked it in the oven. And I used cilantro, not the basil. Made the salsa the day before to let the flavors blend. Ended up eating the salsa by the spoonful while waiting for the salmon to cook!!
Lovely salsa Chia, hope you don't mind, I used peaches instead of mango, kinda the same consistancy and I had peaches on hand; it turned out great. Also had to use canned pinapple, but did everything else according to the recipe. The salsa went very well with the salmon, we thouroughly enjoyed it. I'm sure the salsa could be used with almost any other fish and probably chicken. I will be making this one again, thanks for sharing.