Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
These tacos are delicious! I have also used Tilapia with a great result.
Make and share this Grilled Salmon Tacos recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb skinless salmon fillets or 1 lb white fish fillet, fresh or frozen
- 1 cup red potatoes, cubed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground chipotle chile pepper
- 3⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mild green chili salsa
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 3⁄4 cup thinly sliced green onion (6)
- 1⁄2 cup snipped fresh cilantro
- 12 6-inch corn tortillas, warmed
- 1⁄2 cup light sour cream
- lime wedge (optional)
- Thaw fish, if frozen.
- Rinse fish; pat dry. Set aside. In covered small saucepan cook potatoes in enough boiling salted water to cover about 15 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool.
- In small bowl combine chipotle chile pepper, sugar, and 1/4 teaspoon of the salt. Rinse fish; pat dry. Measure thickness of fish. Rub chile pepper mixture into fish.
- Grill fish on greased rack of uncovered grill directly over medium heat for 4 to 6 minutes per 1/2-inch thickness or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork, turning fish after half the grilling time.
- Cool slightly. Break fish into chunks.
- In medium bowl combine salsa, lime juice, and remaining salt. Add potatoes, fish, green onion, and cilantro; toss gently to coat.
- Divide fish mixture among tortillas.
- Top with sour cream; fold tortillas.
- Serve with lime wedges.