1 hr 8 mins
The cucumber salad can be made hours in advance, and may be doubled if desired, make certain to pat dry the cucumber slices well before making the salad, soak the wooden skewers in cold water for a minimum of 30 minutes before threading on the salmon
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 large cucumbers (peeled, halved, seeded then thinly sliced)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 6 -7 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1For the cucumber salad (this may be done hours ahead) place the cucumber slices in a colander and toss with salt; let stand until several tablespoons of water has drained out (about 30-40 minutes).
- 2Pat dry with paper towels and transfer to a medium bowl, then add in onion slices.
- 3In a small bowl mix together the sour cream with vinegar and dill until combined; add to the slices and toss well to coat.
- 4Season with black pepper.
- 5Chill until ready to serve with the skewers.
- 6For the salmon; slice the salmon lengthwise into 12 long strips, then thread 1 strip onto 1 water-soaked wooden skewer.
- 7Repeat with remaining 11 strips.
- 8Place the skewers into a long shallow glass pan.
- 9In a bowl whisk together soy sauce, honey, vinegar, ginger, garlic and black pepper until well combined; pour over the skewers, then let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- 10When finished marinated transfer the marinade to a small saucepan; bring to a boil and simmer for about 3 minutes.
- 11Set grill to medium-high heat.
- 12Lightly oil the grill grate.
- 13Cook the skewers for about 4 minutes per side, brushing with the marinade.
- 14Serve with the prepared cucumber salad.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Salmon Skewers With Creamy Cucumber-Onion Salad
Serving Size: 1 (234 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 278.6
- Calories from Fat 71
- Total Fat 7.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 67.0 mg
- Sodium 1677.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 21.0 g
- Protein 26.4 g