Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
This recipe is from Prevention magazine. We tried this last weekend and really liked it along with grilled veggie packets and grilled pineapple slices. Low fat and low calorie.
- 1 lb salmon fillet (remove skin)
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce (I use low sodium)
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon gingerroot (minced)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 3 lemons (cut into 4 wedges)
- 12 skewers (soak in water if using wood skewers)
- Slice salmon lengthwise into 12 long strips and thread each onto a soaked wooden skewer. Place in shallow dish.
- In a bowl, whisk together soy sauce, honey, rice vinegar, ginger, garlic and pepper. Pour over skewers and turn to coat. Let stand at room temperature 30 minutes.
- Transfer marinade to small saucepan and simmer for several minutes.
- Preheat outdoor or indoor grill to medium high heat. Lightly oil grill. Thread one lemon wedge onto the end of each skewer. Cook skewers on preheated grill for 4 minutes per side, brushing often with marinade.