Recipe by anymouse
This recipe is from Prevention magazine. We tried this last weekend and really liked it along with grilled veggie packets and grilled pineapple slices. Low fat and low calorie.
- 1 lb salmon fillet (remove skin)
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce (I use low sodium)
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon gingerroot (minced)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 3 lemons (cut into 4 wedges)
- 12 skewers (soak in water if using wood skewers)
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice salmon lengthwise into 12 long strips and thread each onto a soaked wooden skewer. Place in shallow dish.
- In a bowl, whisk together soy sauce, honey, rice vinegar, ginger, garlic and pepper. Pour over skewers and turn to coat. Let stand at room temperature 30 minutes.
- Transfer marinade to small saucepan and simmer for several minutes.
- Preheat outdoor or indoor grill to medium high heat. Lightly oil grill. Thread one lemon wedge onto the end of each skewer. Cook skewers on preheated grill for 4 minutes per side, brushing often with marinade.