Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
The original recipe came from the International Deli Cookbook (Zeidler), pre-tweaking. It's great for topping grilled salmon or as a condiment for deli sandwiches.
- 3 tablespoons creole mustard
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon tupelo honey
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup fresh dill, finely chopped
- Whisk the Creole mustard, powdered mustard, honey and vinegar together in a mixing bowl.
- Add the olive oil slowly as you whisk it in to the mix. It should come to approximately a mayonnaise consistency.
- Finally, add the dill and blend it into the mix.
- Refrigerate, covered, until serving. You can make it up a couple days ahead of time if you wish.
- I have also tried this with hot, sweet mustard and it comes out very good.