Here is a absolutely delicious lunch or supper dish that is relatively quick. Actually you can buy both tapenade and aioli at a gourmet-type grocery store, but homemade is much better.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb fresh salmon
- olive oil
- coarse salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 4 ounces olives, pitted
- 1 ounce anchovy fillet, rinsed if salted
- 1/2 tablespoon capers, rinsed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- coarse salt
- 1 egg yolk, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- fresh ground white pepper
- 1 bunch arugula
- 4 whole wheat tortillas, rounds (or whole wheat pita pockets)
- 1To prepare the salmon, remove any bones in the fish, cut into 4 portions, coat with olive oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 2To make the tapenade, place the olives, anchovy, capers in the container of a food processor.
- 3With the motor running, pour in the olive oil and process until mixed but not smooth.
- 4To make the aioli, place the garlic and salt in a mortar.
- 5With a pestle, mash this into a smooth paste.
- 6Mix in the egg yolk.
- 7Transfer from a pestle to a whisk, and add the oil, drop by drop until the egg and oil begins to emulsify.
- 8Start adding the remaining oil in a thin, steady stream, whisking all the while.
- 9When all the oil has been added, taste, and add salt and pepper to taste.
- 10Grill or roast the salmon over a moderately high heat until is is barely cooked through.
- 11Remove from the heat.
- 12Quickly warm each tortilla on each side over the grill or on the stove.
- 13Place the salmon, arugula, tapenade, and aioli in the bottom half of each tortilla round, fold over the top and serve warm.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Salmon Sandwich With Arugula, Tapenade and Aioli
Serving Size: 1 (260 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 742.3
- Calories from Fat 511
- Total Fat 56.8 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Cholesterol 99.6 mg
- Sodium 1058.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 30.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: