Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Recipe is from a "Great Grilling" booklet. This orange vinaigrette is served with grilled salmon, strawberries and cucumbers over salad greens.
- 1⁄4 cup frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar (or cider vinegar)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons white wine vinegar (or cider vinegar)
- 1 tablespoon basil, chopped (or 1 tsp. dried basil leaves)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 salmon fillet (8-oz. about 1 inch thick)
- 4 cups mixed salad greens
- 3⁄4 cup strawberry, sliced
- 1 small cucumber (cut into 10-12 slices)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- Whisk together juice concentrate, vinegar, basil and olive oil. Set aside 2 tablespoons juice concentrate mixture. Reserve remaining mixture to use as salad dressing.
- Prepare grill for direct grilling. Grill salmon, skin side up, over medium coals 5 minutes. Turn and grill 5 minutes or until fish flakes easily with fork, brushing frequently with 2 tablespoons juice concentrate mixture. Cool slightly.
- Toss together greens, strawberries and cucumber slices. Place on two serving plates.
- Remove skin from salmon. Break salmon into chunks. Arrange salmon on greens mixture. Drizzle with reserved juice concentrate mixture. Sprinkle with pepper.