This is a delicious salad for a summertime lunch or brunch. It came from The Barefoot Contessa cookbook.
- 2 lbs salmon fillets, cut into 4 ",slices
- 1 cup celery, diced small
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, diced small
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt (or kosher salt)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, minced
- Rub the salmon filets with a little olive oil so they don't stick to the grill and salt and pepper them lightly.
- Cook the filets on a hot grill for about 5- 6 min.
- per side.
- They should still be rare in the middle.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill for several hours until cold and firm.
- Remove from frig and remove any skin.
- Break filets up into small chunks and put into a bowl.
- If there is any juice on the plate they chilled on, dump it into the bowl with salmon.
- Add the celery, onion, capers and dill.
- Mix the olive oil, vinegar salt and pepper and pour over salmon.
- Mix well and serve cold or at room temp.
yum! this was perfect for a light dinner. The dressing is perfect...and not too sweet the way som many bottled dressings are. I added a bunch of different veggies to the salad and it was FABULOUS!
This is a perfect summer dinner. I used flat leaf parsley instead of dill. I served it with grilled pita bread. Everyone loved this dish. Thanks for posting.
A delicious salad with a delicate, mellow dressing. We all enjoyed it very much.