Recipe by kellymbrown
Top Review by rpgaymer
Wow, this was good! I usually don't like mixing cheese and seafood, but the goat cheese was more like a cream sauce. I definitely wouldn't use monteray jack cheese instead. The cucumber salsa was also a nice addition. All in all, this was a unique, tasty quesadilla, and I'm sure I'll be making it again! [Tagged & Reviewed for BEST OF 2012]
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded and finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup salsa (green or red)
- 8 ounces salmon fillets
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 40 inches flour tortillas, warmed
- 6 ounces goat cheese, crumbled or 1 1⁄2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄4 cup pickled jalapeno pepper, drained and sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare grill for direct cooking.
- Combine cucumber and salsa in small bowl; set aside.
- Brush salmon with 2 tablespoons oil.
- Grill, covered, over medium-hot coals 5 to 6 minutes per side or until fish flakes when tested with fork.
- Transfer to plate; flake with fork.
- Spoon salmon evenly over half of each tortilla, leaving 1-inch border.
- Sprinkle with cheese and jalapeño pepper slices.
- Fold tortillas in half; brush tortillas with remaining 1 tablespoon oil.
- Grill quesadillas over medium-hot coals until browned on both sides and cheese is melted.
- Serve with Cucumber Salsa.