Recipe by Caroline Cooks
After a long week of my business traveling, my wonderful retired husband (now past---God rest his soul) would pick me up at the airport and fix this delicious dish, while toasting the coming weekend with the extra champagne. This is wonderful!
- 1⁄2 lb salmon fillet, about 1-inch inch thick
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallots
- 1⁄2 cup champagne
- 1⁄2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- extra tarragon
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat grill to medium heat.
- Paint each fillet on both sides with olive oil; salt and pepper.
- Place on grill and cook for approximately 3-7 minutes on each side, depending on your choice of doneness.
- Remove to heated platter and cover.
- Heat 1 teas. olive oil in saute pan over medim heat; add shallots.
- Saute about 1 1/2 minutes to soften.
- Reduce heat to med-low.
- Stir in Champagne, mustard, salt(if desired) and tarragon.
- Blend well.
- Remove from heat, stir in sour cream.
- Place half of sauce on heated serving plate; top with salmon fillet and garnish with very light sprinkle of tarragon.