Prep 20 mins
Cook 11 mins
Southwestern style salmon cooked in foil packets. Can be cooked on the BBQ or in the oven.
Make and share this Grilled Salmon Fajita Packets recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs skinless salmon fillet
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 (3/4 ounce) envelope fajita seasoning mix
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 large bell peppers, cut in strips
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 cup green chili salsa or 1⁄2 cup cilantro salsa or 1⁄2 cup chipotle salsa
- warm tortilla (optional)
- additional salsa (optional)
- shredded monterey jack cheese (optional)
- Preheat grill to medium high or oven to 450°F.
- Cut salmon crosswise into 1/2 inch stips and sprinkle with lime juice.
- Toss salmon with fajita seasoning and flour.
- In a bowl, combine peppers, onions, beans and salsa.
- Tear off 4 sheets (12x18 inches) heavy duty aluminum foil.
- Center 1/4 of the vegetable mixture on each sheet.
- Top each with 1/4 of the salmon.
- Fold up foil to form packets and seal edges.
- Grill 9-11 minutes covered or bake on a cookie sheet 25-30 minutes.
- Serve with tortillas, salsa and cheese if desired.
These were very easy to prepare and cook. However, we just didn't care for the fish fajita. I would maybe try just the salmon fillet prepared this way or substitute chicken for the salmon. We tried.