Prep 20 mins
Cook 11 mins
Southwestern style salmon cooked in foil packets. Can be cooked on the BBQ or in the oven.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs skinless salmon fillet
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 (3/4 ounce) envelope fajita seasoning mix
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 large bell peppers, cut in strips
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 cup green chili salsa or 1⁄2 cup cilantro salsa or 1⁄2 cup chipotle salsa
- warm tortilla (optional)
- additional salsa (optional)
- shredded monterey jack cheese (optional)
- Preheat grill to medium high or oven to 450°F.
- Cut salmon crosswise into 1/2 inch stips and sprinkle with lime juice.
- Toss salmon with fajita seasoning and flour.
- In a bowl, combine peppers, onions, beans and salsa.
- Tear off 4 sheets (12x18 inches) heavy duty aluminum foil.
- Center 1/4 of the vegetable mixture on each sheet.
- Top each with 1/4 of the salmon.
- Fold up foil to form packets and seal edges.
- Grill 9-11 minutes covered or bake on a cookie sheet 25-30 minutes.
- Serve with tortillas, salsa and cheese if desired.
These were very easy to prepare and cook. However, we just didn't care for the fish fajita. I would maybe try just the salmon fillet prepared this way or substitute chicken for the salmon. We tried.