Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
From the Kansas City Star
- 6 slices boneless skinless wild salmon (each piece about 1.5-inch wide, cut crosswise from the center of the filet about .75-inch thick.)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- Soak 6 6" bamboo skewers in water 1 hour.
- Prepare charcoal (preferred) or gas grill to medium hot.
- Weave salmon strips onto skewers and season with salt and pepper.
- Combine honey, molasses and soy sauce in a small bowl.
- Brush salmon with mixture.
- You will not use it all.
- Let salmon rest 10-15 minutes, then grill on open, greased grill, basting with a little of the honey mixture as it cooks.
- Cook 6-8 minutes, turning once or just cook until done.
- Don't overcook.
- Place salmon skewers on serving plate, brush with a little more honey mixture (to help seeds stick) and sprinkle with the sesame seeds.
Very nice! Next time I will make just a little more sauce to use for dipping. I forgot the sesame seeds, but it still tasted great! Thanks!
Very good even without the molasses, make sure to make two batches so you have plenty to slather on!