Grilled Salmon Caesar Salad
- Build charcoal fire on one side of covered grill. When coals ash over, place salmon (skin-side-down) on area opposite the fire. Close lid, top vents open, and cook 45 minutes. Remove and cool.
- Place egg in a small pan with cold water covering. Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer 1 minute. Peel and place in food processor with smoked salmon, lime juice, and garlic. Process until smooth, while slowly adding oils.
- Place bread slices on a cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees about 10 minutes or golden brown.
- Toss romaine in bowl with some of dressing and 1/3 cup Parmesan to coat well. Divide about 8 salad plates. Sprinkle remaining Parmesan on top.
- Place the cold-smoked salmon on the croutons, sprinkling some chives. Arrange three salmon croutes on each plate. Garnish with freshly ground pepper.