Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
- 5 ounces salmon
- 6 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 small garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup light olive oil
- 24 slices French bread, thin, brushed with olive oil
- 2 -3 heads romaine lettuce, cut in 2 inch strips
- 1⁄2 cup fresh-grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 4 ounces lox, sliced very thin (cold-smoked salmon)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh chives
- fresh ground pepper
- Build charcoal fire on one side of covered grill. When coals ash over, place salmon (skin-side-down) on area opposite the fire. Close lid, top vents open, and cook 45 minutes. Remove and cool.
- Place egg in a small pan with cold water covering. Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer 1 minute. Peel and place in food processor with smoked salmon, lime juice, and garlic. Process until smooth, while slowly adding oils.
- Place bread slices on a cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees about 10 minutes or golden brown.
- Toss romaine in bowl with some of dressing and 1/3 cup Parmesan to coat well. Divide about 8 salad plates. Sprinkle remaining Parmesan on top.
- Place the cold-smoked salmon on the croutons, sprinkling some chives. Arrange three salmon croutes on each plate. Garnish with freshly ground pepper.