Recipe by Lucky.Wife
The Mango Salsa really makes this dish wonderful. A great dinner for when the boss comes over. Very impressive!
- 4 (6 -8 ounce) salmon fillets, with skin 1-inch thick
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons finely shredded lime peel
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper
- 1 large ripe mango, peeled seeded, and cut into thin bite size strips
- 1⁄2 medium cucumber, seeded and cut same as mangoes
- 2 sliced green onions
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro or 2 teaspoons of fresh mint
- 1 small jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- 1 minced garlic clove
Directions See How It's Made
- Thaw fish if frozen. Rinse and pat dry. Place skin side down in shallow pan.
- For rub: In small bowl stir sugar, lime peel, 1/2 teaspoons of the salt, and the red pepper. Sprinkle evenly over fish, rub in with fingers. Cover and marinate in the fridge for 4-24 hours.
- Meanwhile, for salsa, in a med. bowl combine mango, cucumber, green onions, lime juice, cilantro, jalapeno pepper, garlic and remaining 1/4 teaspoons salt. Cover and refrigerate till ready to serve.
- In a grill with a cover arrange med. hot coals around a drip pan. Place fish skin side down, on the greased grill rack over drip pan tucking under any thin edges. Cover and grill for 14-18 minutes or until fish flakes easily with fork. Serve with salsa. If desired remove skin from fish.