Recipe by JanuaryBride
A fun recipe to make on the grill. Maple syrup and Dijon mustard are the secret to fabulously flavored salmon and asparagus salad. Bring the flavors of the sea and earth to the table with this fabulous entrée! From eatbetteramerica.com.
Top Review by Papa D 1946-2012
ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS!!! Wonderful flavor. The dressing and grilling the Salmon puts this over the top. A keeper and will be made often :) Thanks for posting. Made for SSaSSy's ZWT 6
- 1⁄3 cup maple-flavored syrup
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb salmon fillet (1/2 inch thick)
- 1 lb fresh asparagus spear
- 4 cups baby greens
- 1 cup shredded carrot (about 1 1/2 medium)
- 1 hard-cooked egg, cut into 8 wedges
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat gas or charcoal grill.
- In small bowl, mix all Maple-Dijon Dressing ingredients with wire whisk.
- Cut salmon crosswise into 4 pieces. Brush salmon with 1 tablespoon of the dressing. In large bowl, toss asparagus and 1 tablespoon of the dressing. Place asparagus in grill basket (grill “wok”).
- When grill is heated, place asparagus and salmon, skin side down, on gas grill over medium heat or on charcoal grill over medium coals; cover grill. Cook asparagus 7 to 10 minutes and salmon 10 to 15 minutes, shaking grill basket or turning asparagus occasionally, until asparagus is crisp-tender and salmon flakes easily with fork.
- Slide pancake turner between salmon and skin to remove each piece from skin. On 4 plates, divide salad greens, carrots and egg. Top with asparagus then the salmon. Sprinkle with pepper. Serve with remaining dressing.