Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I use this delicious fat-free method of cooking salmon, chicken and pork chops at least 2-3 times a week, varying the meats and seasonings.
- Just spray cast iron skillet with cooking spray and turn burner on HIGH.
- Rub seasonings on both sides salmon.
- When pan is smoking hot, add salmon; cook for about 2-3 minutes; turn and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Turn again if needed to prevent meat from burning.
- Turn electric burner OFF.
- Immediately cover skillet and leave it on the hot burner another 4-5 minutes or until meat is done.
- DO NOT OVERCOOK, as the meat will dry out.
- It will look as if it were cooked on the grill, nice and brown (almost crusty) on the outside and juicy on the inside.
- I also use this same method to cook boneless, skinless chicken breasts and boneless pork loin chops and vary the seasonings to complement the meat.
- With just a tiny bit of practice, you'll know exactly how long to let the skillet sit on the burner after you have turned it off-- so you get the meat done and it's still very juicy.
This was awesome and so easy. Had my 7 year old put the blackening seasoning on for me and did exactly like the recipe stated. No mess, quick and easy and delicious-by 3 boys asked for seconds. Will definitely make this again and will try with chicken also. Thanks.
Wow, I had grilled chicken last night and I don't even own a grill! I followed the cooking directions exactly and was happy with the finished product. My chicken breast had been soaking in a marinade (#49980) overnight, so I probably had more smoke and burnt goo than I would have with a simply seasoned piece of meat, but it was very tasty, and I enjoyed that grilled taste. Will be cooking more chicken this way.
We just finished dinner and the salmon was so delicious I had to rate it before cleaning the kitchen!!! I used Miller's Blackening Spice Mix (#23983) with one and one half teaspoons of cayenne powder, not two. It was heaven on a plate next to pasta with pesto, and green peas with onions!!!! No leftovers!!!!