Prep 5 mins
Cook 9 mins
This is one of the easiest recipes in my collection that always gets compliments. The smokiness of the paprika and the sweetness of the brown sugar will make your toes curl.
- 1 salmon fillet
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Heat your grill to medium/high. Oil the grill using a paper towel or anything else on hand.
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a bowl. Slowly add a small amount of olive oil and stir. You will see an obvious change in color. Add more oil if the mix is still dry.
- Add the mix to the meat side of the fillet. Lay the fillet skin side down on the grill. Cook for 5 minutes. Flip the fillet and cook for 4 minutes. Take the salmon off the grill and serve meat side up.
Everything worked together really well in this recipe. The grill enhanced the smoked paprika flavor and the brown sugar added color and sweetness. I will make this recipe again and would consider serving it as a company entree also.