Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 mins
Listen up all you salami lovers -- this is for you.
- 8 slices bakery-style Italian bread
- 3 tablespoons light mayonnaise (use either the Caesar ranch or creamy Dijon gourmet light mayonnaise)
- butter or margarine, softened
- 8 slices hard salami (about 1/4 lb)
- 1 small tomatoes, cut into 8 thin slices
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- Heat 12 inch skillet over med. heat. spread one side of each bread slice with gourmet mayonnaise and other side with butter.
- Place 2 bread slices, butter side down, in skillet. Top each with 2 salami slices, 2 tomato slices, 1 cheese slice and 1 bread slice, butter side up.
- Cook 2 to 3 minutes or until bottoms of sandwiches are golden brown. Turn sandwiches; cook 1 to 2 minutes or until bottoms are golden brown and cheese is melted. Repeat with remaining two sandwiches.
- * I prefer the Italian salami and have it sliced very thin -- so I use many more than just 8 slices.
- Note: If you have a George Foreman Grill or Panini Grill -- use that instead of a skillet. In addition to cutting down on the cooking time, you can also eliminate the butter/margarine.
I used fontina cheese instead of mozzarella and very much enjoyed the sandwich.