Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
When my brother and I would go to visit my dad he would often make us these sandwiches for dinner. They are so simple, but the taste just brings me back to the days with daddy! You can really mix and match any meats and cheeses, but to me, there is no comparison to good ol' salami and american cheese!!
- Butter one side of each slice of bread and place (Buttered side down) in a skillet over medium heat.
- Place the slice of cheese on one of the pieces of bread, and allow to the cheese to melt, and the bread to turn golden.
- Remove from pan and top cheese with salami, making sure to spread out the layer of salami to cover everything.
- Add the tomatoes and lettuce.
- Spread Mayo on the unbuttered side of the other slice of bread and top off the sandwich!
Yes! Someone else who loves salami and American cheese like I do! Soooo good! I'm gonna have to make this tonight. :)
Do people really not know how to make grilled cheese? :) Just joking. These sandwiches are a favorite of my husband. Sometimes I use swiss cheese, which is so good with the salami. Basic, but it "hits the spot".