Recipe by Chicagopm
I always order this sandwich when I go to a deli in the 'burbs. Luckily, I don't go there too often because I doubt if it is diet friendly. ;)
- 2 slices rye bread
- 4 -6 slices kosher salami, thinly sliced
- 2 slices American cheese (cheddar may also be used)
- 1 teaspoon butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry salami until fat has rendered (I like mine a little burnt around the edges). Note: it's a good idea to make a cut in the salami slices so that they'll lay flatter after they're cooked.
- Drain salami on paper towels.
- Spread butter on one side of each slice of bread.
- Place one slice of cheese on unbuttered side of bread.
- Top with fried salami slices.
- Top salami with remaining slice of cheese.
- Place unbutter side of remaining slice of bread on top of the cheese.
- Heat frying pan to low/medium heat.
- Place sandwich in pan and cook until golden brown.
- Flip sandwich and repeat with the other side.