Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Fresh sage leaves make this a memorable dish. Use about 1/2 tsp dried sage if fresh is not available. Serve this on its own or use it in a hamburger bun. Other condoments should not be necessary as this has a pretty intense flavour on its own.
- 4 portabella mushrooms, large
- olive oil
- 12 sage leaves, roughly chopped (more if desired)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (more if desired)
- 2 tablespoons Italian parsley or 2 tablespoons cilantro
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- lemon wedge
- Brush mushrooms with oil and salt and pepper.
- Put sage, cilantro and garlic with butter in small pan.
- Saute over low heat about 5 minutes.
- Grill mushrooms about 2 minutes per side or until tender.
- Spoon the sage mixture with the butter over each mushroom.
- Squeeze lemon juice over just before serving.
These are outstanding! Love portobello mushrooms and they make such a great presentation.. Neat time I will serve this as a first course - Thanks Tebo!
Excellent!! We used 2 large portabella mushrooms, but kept the sauce the same (using italian parsley). It was perfect!!! Thanks, Tebo.
quick and easy with a perfect combination of flavors. Many thanks