Recipe by Deb Wolf
I'm not sure why they're called Saddleback; these were company potatoes at my inlaws home. I've found I like them better on the grill.
- 4 russet potatoes, well scrubbed
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt (such as Lawry's)
Directions See How It's Made
- Carefully cut thin slices across and almost through the potatoes.
- Combine the butter, garlic powder, paprika and seasoned salt.
- Top each potato with the butter mixture, rubbing into the cuts.
- Individually wrap each potato in aluminum foil.
- Roast on a hot, covered grill 45 - 60 minutes or until soft, turning occasionally.