Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
this makes a great appetizer or main course. i serve it with grilled asparagus and new potatoes
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- salt, pepper
- 24 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup dark rum
- 1⁄4 cup corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 pinch cinnamon, salt,pepper
- cooking spray
- 6 skewers
- mix oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt& pepper and add shrimp.
- marinate and chill for 15 minutes.
- meanwhile add sugar and next 8 ingredients to a small saucepan, bring to a boil and simmer 5 minutes thread 4 shrimp on each skewer.
- heat grill and coat with cooking spray, or use a grill pan coated with spray cook 3 minutes per side, basting generously with sauce.
Great appetizer! After marinating the shrimp I just put all the shrimp into the basting sauce and then on the hot grill before turning dipped back into the sauce and finished cooking. Thanks for an other great recipe. Oh and the cinnamon was a nice touch.
DH didn't like the sauce to baste but I loved it. I liked the taste maybe because there is rum in it. Another time, maybe I would omit the corn syrup (I think it's this taste that he didn't like). Thanks Chia. Made for 123 hit wonders
Made em as an appetizer on my Foreman grill...ended becoming a favorite dinner item when pasta is added. Make a lot because they go quickly! Thanx for sharing Chia!