1/4 Photos of Grilled Rum-Soaked Shrimp (Cuba -- Caribbean)
Sydney Mike's Note:
This recipe was found on the melindalee.com website. It is great when served with Mango-Lime Relish (see recipe). Preparation time does not include the 2-3 hours needed for the shrimp to marinate.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Clean & trim shrimp & make 1/4-inch-deep incision on the top of each one (the side without the feet) from tail to head, then under cold running water, open the incision & wash away any brownish-black matter (including the thin, dark vein).
- 2In a large nonreactive) stainless steel or glass bowl, combine lime juice, pineapple juice, rum, cilantro & garlic, then salt & pepper to taste.
- 3Add shrimp, cover the refrigerate, allowing shrimp to marinate for as least 2 & not more than 3 hours.
- 4Remove shrimp from the marinade & set the shrimp aside, discarding everything else.
- 5Run a skewer through each shrimp, skewering it in the tail area & also in the thicker, upper area, fitting 8 shrimp on a 10-inch skewer. IF USING WOODEN SKEWERS, DO NOT LEAVE ANY GAPS BETWEEN THE SHRIMP!
- 6Place shewered shrimp on the grill over medium-high heat & grill about 3-4 minutes on each side, until the shells turn bright red & the meat is an even, opaque white.
- 7Remove shrimp from the grill & serve on a bed of Mango Lime Relish, either skewered or not, as you prefer.
Browse Our Top Cuban Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cuban Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Rum-Soaked Shrimp (Cuba -- Caribbean)
Serving Size: 1 (238 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 169.4
- Calories from Fat 6
- Total Fat 0.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 60.4 mg
- Sodium 348.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 10.5 g
- Protein 7.4 g