Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Fresh southern peaches marinated in a dark rum cinnamon butter, the grilled and topped with rich Italian mascarpone cheese and farmer's market orange blossom honey. A must have this summer!
- 2 ripe peaches
- 29.58 ml honey, plus extra for serving
- 56.69 g mascarpone cheese, at room temperature
- 73.94 ml butter
- 59.14 ml brown sugar
- 59.14 ml dark rum (I used Sailor Jerry)
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 1.23 ml salt
- Combine all ingredients for the rum marinade in a stove-top pan on medium high heat. Reduce heat and let simmer for 7-8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Prepare peaches by cutting them in half and removing the pits. Place the peaches in a glass dish top with rum marinade. Marinate for 30 minutes to 4 hours.
- Grill, cut side down for 3-4 minutes, then flip for another 5 minutes. Remove from grill and top with mascarpone cheese and drizzle with honey! Viola!
I wasn't sure I'd find just the right peaches for this, but after a bit of a road trip I found what I wanted & then doubled the recipe since I was sharing this with a neighbor couple! Most definitely a winner, this is! Absolutely outstanding, & the kind of thing I can see me making when we have special dinner guests another time! Thankfully here in So Cal, we can grill most any time of the year, or at least without the snow interfering! Many thanks for sharing this great recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this fall's round of Pick A Chef]