Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 mins
BHG Dinnertime Express
Make and share this Grilled Rosemary Trout With Lemon Butter recipe from Food.com.
- 4 teaspoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallots or 1 tablespoon onion
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
- 2 fresh rainbow trout fillets, deboned
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 medium tomatoes, halved crosswise
- In a small bowl, stir together the butter, half the shallot, and the shredded lemon peel. Sprinkle with salt and coarsely ground pepper. Set aside.
- Rinse fish; pat dry. Spread each fish open, skin side down. Rub remaining shallot and rosemary onto fish; sprinkle with additoinal salt and pepper and drizzle with lemon juice and oil.
- In a charcoal grill, arrange hot coals in bottom of an uncovered grill. Place a greased 12-inch cast-iron skillet diretctly on coals to preheat. Place fish skin side down and grill for 6 to 8 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Meanwhile, place tomatoes, cut side up, in skillet next to fish; dot each with 1/4 t of butter mixture. Grill 5 minutes or until tomatoes are heated through.
- Remove skillet and cut each fish in half lengthwise. In a small saucepan melt the remaining butter mixture; serve with fish and tomatoes. Makes 4 servings.
This was a nice grilled trout recipe. I liked that it required minimal prep, which was perfect for a mid-week meal. It was tasty. I served with a side of grilled asparagus. Thanks!