Prep 24 hrs
Cook 10 mins
Adapted from Veggie Life. Wonderful- even better the 2nd day.
- 3 tablespoons raspberry balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 small minced shallot
- 2 tablespoons minced rosemary
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 16 ounces firm tofu
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 3 slices fat-free swiss cheese
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil leaf
- 6 slices crusty bread or 3 good rolls
- cooking spray
- Combine all ingredients for marinade in a large plastic ziploc bag. Press tofu and cut into six slices. Add tofu slices to marinade and refrigerate overnight.
- About 1 hour prior to dinner time, add sliced zucchini and sliced red pepper to marinade.
- Add a bit of water if necessary to coat.
- Preheat grill (indoor or outdoor).
- Grill tofu, zucchini, and bell pepper until softened and well marked on both sides- about 5 minutes per side.
- If using an outdoor grill- wrap a brick in aluminum foil and allow it to preheat.
- Spray aluminum foil with cooking spray and assemble sandwiches- dividing fillings evenly and adding cheese and basil leaves.
- Close foil tightly and place brick on top of sandwiches.
- Grill 2 minutes per side.
- If using indoor grill- assemble sandwiches and grill for about 2 minutes.