Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Using your bbq to make pizza is great - nothing beats the smokey-toasty flavour of the crust!
Make and share this Grilled Rosemary Pizzas recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup warm water (105F to 115F)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 envelope dry yeast
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- 6 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 lb hot Italian sausage
- 2 yellow bell peppers or 2 red bell peppers, cored,quartered lengthwise
- 1 large red onion, peeled,cut through root end into ½ inch thick wedges
- 3 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- 3⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cups crumbled chilled soft fresh goat cheese (such as Montrachet)
- 4 plum tomatoes, halved,seeded,chopped
- 1 cup chopped green onion top
- For dough: Combine water and sugar in processor.
- Sprinkle yeast over; let stand until foamy, about 10 minutes.
- Add oil, then 3 cups flour and salt.
- Process until dough comes together, about 1 minute.
- Turn dough out onto floured work surface.
- Sprinkle with rosemary.
- Knead until dough is smooth and elastic, adding more flour by tablespoonfuls if dough is sticky, about 5 minutes.
- Lightly oil large bowl.
- Add dough; turn to coat with oil.
- Cover bowl with plastic, then towel.
- Let stand in warm, draft-free area until dough doubles, about 1 hour.
- Punch down dough.
- Knead in bowl until smooth, about 2 minutes.
- For toppings: Whisk first 4 ingredients in medium bowl.
- Let vinaigrette stand 15 minutes at room temperature or refrigerate for up to 2 hours.
- Prepare bbq (medium heat).
- Arrange sausages, peppers and onion on baking sheet.
- Brush with some of vinaigrette.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Grill sausages until cooked through and peppers and onion until slightly charred and crisp-tender, turning and basting occasionally, about 12 minutes for sausage and 8 minutes for peppers and onion.
- Transfer sausage and vegetables to cutting board.
- Cut sausages into ½-inch pieces and peppers into thin strips.
- To finish: Add coals to bbq, if necessary.
- Divide dough into 4 equal pieces.
- Stretch out each piece on floured surface to 9-inch round.
- Place 2 dough rounds on grill.
- Grill over medium heat until top of dough puffs and underside is crisp, about 3 minutes.
- Turn rounds over.
- Grill 1 minute.
- Transfer to baking sheet with well-grilled side up.
- Repeat with remaining 2 dough rounds.
- Sprinkle each with ¼ of mozzarella and Parmesan.
- Top each with ¼ of sausage, peppers and onion, then with ¼ of goat cheese, tomatoes and green onions.
- Drizzle each with 1 ½ tblsps vinaigrette.
- Using large metal spatula, return 2 pizzas to grill.
- Close grill or cover pizzas loosely with foil.
- Grill until cheeses melt and dough is cooked through and browned, using tongs to rotate pizzas for even cooking, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer to plates.
- Repeat grilling for remaining 2 pizzas.
This was the first time we made pizza on the grill. Your directions for grilling were perfect. The crust was smoky and crisp, just the way we like it. We will make again.