Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I believe this is a variation of a recipe from Gourmet. It's an awesome dish that can be used as an appetizer OR main course. The key is using fresh rosemary and lots of garlic. You can increase the amount of garlic if you wish. The only negative is peeling the shrimp which can be a bit messy but it is worth it!
- 1⁄4 cup chopped garlic, mashed to a paste with
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary leaves, plus sprigs for garnish
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, plus oil for brushing shrimp
- 16 jumbo shrimp (about 10 per pound)
- four 12 inch bamboo skewer
- In a large bowl stir together garlic, minced rosemary, and 3 TBSP olive oil and add shrimp.
- Marinate shrimp (with shells on), covered and chilled, at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Soak skewers in water for 30 minutes.
- To grill, put 4 shrimp on each skewer and brush with additional oil.
- Grill shrimp (with shells on) 3 to 4 minutes on each side, or until just cooked through.
- Garnish shrimp with rosemary sprigs if desired.
doesn't get much easier than this! and the fun is in the peeling. i broiled these but they will be great on the grill this summer
Very good - we marinated overnite and had them for breakfast - mini lobsterlike jumbo shrimp with fab flavor. I have only used rosemary with chicken but went very well with the shrimp. Will definitley share with friends.