1/2 Photos of Grilled Romaine Salad
Dragonfly AZ's Note:
Saw this on a Food Network show called "Guy's Big Bite. It looked so good, I had to try it. The mix of flavors is wonderful!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut bacon into small pieces.
- 2Add 1 Tbs olive oil to a large skillet on med-high heat.
- 3Add bacon to the pan. When it has started to cook and render down, add onions.
- 4Cook, stirring frequently until onions and bacon are done. Be careful not to burn.
- 5Carefully pour the vinegar into the pan and stir to deglaze the pan. Simmer for a few minutes, or until liquid is decreased by half. Turn heat down to lowest possible setting, just to keep warm.
- 6Cut lettuce in half lengthwise. Brush cut side with remaining olive oil (or hit it with a spray from a can).
- 7Place lettuce, cut side down on a hot grill for 2-3 minutes, just long enough to char it lightly.
- 8Remove from grill, and place cut side up on serving platter. Spoon the bacon mixture over the lettuce, dividing it evenly.
- 9Sprinkle blue cheese over lettuce.
- 10Add the black pepper to taste.
- 11Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Romaine Salad
Serving Size: 1 (707 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 344.2
- Calories from Fat 225
- Total Fat 25.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.5 g
- Cholesterol 29.9 mg
- Sodium 444.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.3 g
- Sugars 7.9 g
- Protein 13.4 g