Prep 6 mins
Cook 5 mins
Quick, simple, yet fancy looking salad. Perfect for summer cookouts.
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon (chopped)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt & pepper
- 2 romaine lettuce hearts
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled blue cheese or 1⁄2 cup gorgonzola
- additional olive oil or cooking spray
- Whisk together the red wine vinegar, Dijon mustard, tarragon, olive oil, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Slice Romaine hearts in half length-wise. Brush the cut side will olive oil or spray with vegetable oil.
- After grilling the rest of you meal and when the coals are low, place the Romaine hearts cut sided down over the coals. Grill for 4 minutes. (Keep an eye on these as they can burn easily!).
- Remove Romaine hearts from grill. Drizzle with vinaigrette and sprinkle with crumbled cheese. Serve immediately.
Loved the dressing! Only used 1 T of olive oil and it was great! Used on Grilled Romaine but I would easily use as a salad dressing also!