Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 mins
This is so good! My mom found this recipe in USA Weekend newspaper. We never grilled lettuce before and to my surprise it was still crispy.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, lemon juice, garlic, mustard, Worcestershire and pepper. Stir in the Parmesan Cheese.
- Preheat the grill over medium-high heat, oil grills surface.
- Cut romaine hearts in half length-wise and leave end in tact so each half holds together.
- Spray Romaine lightly all over with oil spray.
- Grill until grill marks form and the lettuce wilts slightly, about 6 minutes.
- Turn once or twice.
- Drizzle with vinaigrette.
The flavor of the grilled lettuce is amazing! It is even good the next day if you don't add the dressing.
This is a great recipe! The wilted lettuce pairs nicely with the dressing; I added just a little more parmesan, otherwise made as directed. A nice, easy addition to any meal coming from the grill - thanks for sharing the recipe! Made for Fall Pick-A-Chef 2011
Oh my, is this ever delicious! The grilling gives the lettuce a great flavor and the dressing is good enough to make even if you are not grilling the lettuce. I reversed the oil and lemon amounts, as we like our dressing more tangy. The only caveat I would mention is you probably want to grill at medium or medium low, or you'll end up with a lot of black. This served 2 for us. This is an Ellie Krieger recipe (she is a Dietitian with a cooking show). A definite favorite, and even company worthy!