Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a great tasting way to get in your veggie. It is very easy to play with this recipe and make it your own.
- 1 cup diced potato (peeled or unpeeled)
- 1 cup chopped bell pepper (any color)
- 1 cup chopped raw mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can pineapple chunks in juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 2 teaspoons dill weed
- 1 teaspoon celery salt or 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons onion powder (optional)
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- Chop the vegetables into similar sized chunks. Place all ingredients in large bowl. Do not drain pineapple. Mix thoroughly, then drain all liquids.
- Option 1 -- place vegetables in grill-safe roasting pan and place on grill. Med high heat. Stir every 5-10 minutes until tender.
- Option 2 -- place vegetables on heavy duty aluminum foil sprayed lightly with Pam. Fold aluminum foil into a sealed pouch and place on grill. Med heat. Turn over every 5 minutes for 20 - 25 minutes. (Is usually done by the time your meat is done).
- Oven: Place vegetables in roasting pan. Bake at 350°F Stir every 10 minutes until tender.
I roasted this dish in the oven, & the only changes I made were (1)to add the mushrooms & cherry tomatoes for just the last couple of minutes of oven time so that they weren't limp, (2) to use 1/4 teaspoon each of cayenne pepper, garlic powder & onion powder, & (3) to use lemon pepper instead of the S&P! The use of the pineapple chunks was especially enjoyed! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my Vegetarian groupmates in the Vegetarian/Vegan Recipe Swap 5]