Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a great sandwich but if you want to go uptown try proscuitto in place of the ham, and goat cheese. Recipe Source: American Profile
- 4 slices whole-grain bread
- 4 teaspoons softened butter, divided
- 4 thin slices lean ham (4 ounces)
- 1 roasted red pepper, patted dry and thinly sliced (from a jar)
- 3 ounces monterey jack cheese or 3 ounces cheddar cheese, sliced
- Spread butter on bread. Divide ham, peppers and cheese between 2 slices bread.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Place sandwiches, buttered sides down, in skillet. Cook 5 minutes on each side or until golden brown.