Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
A hearty, filling, delicious hot grilled sandwich. Good during cold weather.
Top Review by lets.eat
Shocked on how much my family loved this, they were raving over it! Sprinkled the swiss with dried Italian Seasoning herbs prior to browning which added a great extra taste Thank You NurseDi-
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, sliced
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- salt and pepper
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- 16 slices colby-monterey jack cheese or 16 slices swiss cheese
- 8 slices deli roast beef (or left-over roast beef, sliced thin)
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- garlic salt
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, cook the onion, green pepper, mushrooms, and garlic in hot oil, until tender; stir frequently; sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- On four slices of bread, place two slices cheese, two slices of beef, and one-fourth of vegetable mixture on each bread slice.
- Top with remaining cheese and bread slices.
- Spread butter on the outsides of the bread slices.
- Sprinkle lightly with garlic salt.
- On a hot griddle or in a hot skillet, grill sandwiches for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Serve hot.