Recipe by Lakerdog2
From "The Busy Family Cookbook." Very tasty! I LOVE green chilies, so no surprise I enjoyed it, but the kids (ages 10 and 6) gobbled it up too.
Top Review by LonghornMama
Yum! Made as directed, served with salsa and was surprised just how good these sandwiches were. The green chile sauce is delicious with swiss and roast beef. Thanks for an easy dinner the whole family enjoyed!
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies, drained
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise (I used light and it was fine)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 10 slices rye bread
- 5 slices swiss cheese
- 10 slices cooked beef
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- salsa (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, combine chilies, mayo and mustard. Spread about 1 tablespoon on each side of each slice of bread.
- Top five slices of bread with 1 slice of cheese, and 2 slices of beef. Cover with remaining bread.
- Butter the outsides of the bread. In a skillet over medium heat, toast sandwiches for 4-5 minutes on each side or until bread is slightly browned and cheese is melted.
- Serve with salsa if desired.