1/1 Photo of Grilled Roast Beef and Melted Pepper Jack Cheese Sandwich
GREG IN SAN DIEGO's Note:
I modeled this sandwich after one I enjoyed at a little hole-in-the-wall coffee shop in Cardiff by the Sea, in Southern California. It was wonderful and so is this!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Lay sliced bread on bread board.
- 2Paint tops of bread slices generously with melted butter.
- 3Flip bread slices over.
- 4Spread mayonnaise generously on each slice of bread.
- 5Assemble two sliced bread pieces with roast beef, cheese and 1/2 teaspoon diced green chilies.
- 6Sprinkle with salt. Top sandwiches with other two slices of bread, mayo side down, butter side up.
- 7Grill sandwiches on medium high heat griddle, with lots of butter on the grill beneath, until bottoms of sandwiches are golden brown and cheese begins melting.
- 8Carefully flip sandwiches over using two utensils and grill again until bottom bread is also golden brown and cheese is melted.
- 9Remove two sandwiches from griddle, slice each in half and arrange on two plates. Garnish plates.
- 10Serve with dill pickles, yellow mustard, prepared horseradish and lots of napkins.
- 11French fries, onion rings and cole slaw make wonderful additions to this meal.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Roast Beef and Melted Pepper Jack Cheese Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (205 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 488.3
- Calories from Fat 91
- Total Fat 10.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 53.5 mg
- Sodium 837.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 31.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
jalapeno pepper cheese