Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a kebab/skewer style dish from SouthEast Asia. It's gluten free and made from glutinous short-grain rice. A great appetizer. For a gluten free diet-check all ingredients are labelled as GF (fish sauce can contain wheat/gluten). Can be cooked on a barbecue plate that has been lined with aluminium foil and sprayed with cooking oil
- Preheat the grill(broiler) to its highest setting.
- To make the dipping sauce- combine all of the sauce ingredients in a small bowl. Stir until the sugar dissolves.
- For the Grilled RICE:.
- Beat the eggs with the fish sauce, sugar and pepper. Set aside.
- Divide the cooked rice into six portions and then form each portion into three balls. Press down on each ball to flatten.
- Thread three flat rounds onto each skewer.
- Line a grilling tray with aluminium foil and spray lightly with a spray cooking oil.
- Dip each rice skewer into the egg mixture. Shake off any excess and place the skewer on the lined grill tray.
- Grill the rice skewers until the rice is browned on one side. Turn the skewers over and brown the other side.
- Serve skewers with the dipping sauce.
- For children use a dipping sauce suitable that does not contain chilli eg plum or a mild satay.