This is a kebab/skewer style dish from SouthEast Asia. It's gluten free and made from glutinous short-grain rice. A great appetizer. For a gluten free diet-check all ingredients are labelled as GF (fish sauce can contain wheat/gluten). Can be cooked on a barbecue plate that has been lined with aluminium foil and sprayed with cooking oil
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the grill(broiler) to its highest setting.
- 2To make the dipping sauce- combine all of the sauce ingredients in a small bowl. Stir until the sugar dissolves.
- 3For the Grilled RICE:.
- 4Beat the eggs with the fish sauce, sugar and pepper. Set aside.
- 5Divide the cooked rice into six portions and then form each portion into three balls. Press down on each ball to flatten.
- 6Thread three flat rounds onto each skewer.
- 7Line a grilling tray with aluminium foil and spray lightly with a spray cooking oil.
- 8Dip each rice skewer into the egg mixture. Shake off any excess and place the skewer on the lined grill tray.
- 9Grill the rice skewers until the rice is browned on one side. Turn the skewers over and brown the other side.
- 10Serve skewers with the dipping sauce.
- 11For children use a dipping sauce suitable that does not contain chilli eg plum or a mild satay.
Browse Our Top Asian Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Asian Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Rice (Skewers) With Dipping Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (148 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 181.9
- Calories from Fat 17
- Total Fat 1.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 70.5 mg
- Sodium 260.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 17.7 g
- Protein 4.3 g