Prep 15 mins
Cook 21 mins
From Southern Living magazine. Times do not include marinating time.
- 1⁄2 cup teriyaki marinade, and sauce
- 1 tablespoon teriyaki marinade, and sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- 2 rib eye steaks, 1-inch thick
- 1 large onion
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- Stir together 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce, red pepper, 1 tablespoon oil, and if desired, parsley in a 13- by 9-inch baking dish; add steaks, turning to coat.
- Cover and chill 30 minutes on each side.
- Cut onion into 1/4-inch-thick slices, and separate into rings.
- Place in a microwave-safe dish; cover and microwave at HIGH 6 minutes.
- Stir together remaining 1 tablespoon teriyaki sauce, 1 teaspoon water, and sugar.
- Saute onion in remaining 1/2 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from heat; stir in teriyaki sauce mixture.
- Keep warm.
- Grill steaks, covered with grill lid, over medium-high heat (350 to 400 degrees) 6 minutes on each side or to desired degree of doneness.
- Serve with caramelized onions.