Recipe by National Pork Board
It’s time to grill outside the lines! Tender, juicy and topped with spicy barbecue sauce, these Ribeye pork chops satisfy your craving for delicious.
- 4 pork chops, ribeye (rib), 1-inch thick
- salt and pepper, to taste
- olive oil, for brushing grill grate
Spicy BBQ Sauce
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 yellow onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat grill over medium-high heat and brush with olive oil. Season chops with salt and pepper on both sides. Place pork on grill for 8-9 min., turning once halfway through, until internal temperature is 145°F as measured by a meat thermometer. Remove pork from grill, tent with foil and rest for 3 min., before serving.
- Spicy BBQ Sauce: Heat oil in pot over medium heat. Sauté onion until soft; add ketchup, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar and cayenne. Simmer for 15 min., until sauce thickens; turn off heat. Once cooled, purée sauce in blender.
- Serve chops with spoonful of sauce.