Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
A great recipe for your grill.
- 6 lbs rib roast (approximately 3 bones)
- 1 (1 ounce) package fresh rosemary, divided
- 1 (1 ounce) package fresh thyme, divided
- olive oil
- fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat grill.
- Generously rub rib roast with salt and pepper.
- Sear bottom and sides for 2 minutes each.
- Top side has too much fat and will cause a grease fire if you cook for 2 minutes.
- In a bowl combine the fresh rosemary and fresh thyme and drizzle with 3 tbsp of olive oil.
- Place 2/3's of herbs on the bottom of a cake pan, then the rib roast, fat side up, and then place the remaining herbs on top of the roast.
- Lower heat to medium low, close lid, and cook for 90 minutes.
- Carefully remove pan from oven, discard herbs and allow rib roast to sit for 10 minutes on a cutting board to allow juices to redistribute back into the meat.
- Slice and serve.
- 120 -125 degrees for Rare.
- 130-135 degrees for Medium.
- 140 -145 degrees for Medium well.
- 150 degrees for Well done.