Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe comes from the Washington, DC, restaurant, DC Coast.
Make and share this Grilled Rib Eyes With Quesadillas recipe from Food.com.
Marinade and Steaks
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 (7 ounce) can chipotle chiles in adobo, drained and wiped clean
- 4 rib eye steaks, trimmed of excess fat
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 sweet onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 24 inches flour tortillas
- 1⁄2 cup shredded jalapeno jack cheese
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- Marinade: In blender, puree marinade ingredients, except steaks and salt and pepper. Combine marinade and steaks in zip lock bag. Seal; marinate in refrigerator overnight.
- Onions: In large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and saute 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook onion, stirring frequently, about 25 minutes, until caramel color. Transfer to small bowl and set aside.
- Remove steaks from marinade. Discard leftover marinade.
- Season steaks with salt and pepper and grill to desired doneness.
- Quesadillas: Place 2 tortillas on work surface. Scatter with blue cheese, jack cheese, and caramelized onions. Top each with a remaining tortilla.
- In small skillet, heat 1 teaspoon oil over medium-high heat. Add 1 quesadilla, cook 1 1/2 minutes per side. Add 1 teaspoon oil to skillet when turning. Cook until crisp. Cook remaining quesadillas the same way.
- To serve: Place steaks on plates. Serve 2 quesadilla wedges with each steak.