Grilled Rib Eyes With Quesadillas
- Marinade: In blender, puree marinade ingredients, except steaks and salt and pepper. Combine marinade and steaks in zip lock bag. Seal; marinate in refrigerator overnight.
- Onions: In large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and saute 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook onion, stirring frequently, about 25 minutes, until caramel color. Transfer to small bowl and set aside.
- Remove steaks from marinade. Discard leftover marinade.
- Season steaks with salt and pepper and grill to desired doneness.
- Quesadillas: Place 2 tortillas on work surface. Scatter with blue cheese, jack cheese, and caramelized onions. Top each with a remaining tortilla.
- In small skillet, heat 1 teaspoon oil over medium-high heat. Add 1 quesadilla, cook 1 1/2 minutes per side. Add 1 teaspoon oil to skillet when turning. Cook until crisp. Cook remaining quesadillas the same way.
- To serve: Place steaks on plates. Serve 2 quesadilla wedges with each steak.