1/4 Photos of Grilled Rib-eyes and Fried Onion Rings
1 hr 30 mins
A great meal for men and everyone else who loves thick rib eyes and onion rings. The only thing needed for a complete meal is french fries (or baked potatoes) and/or a tossed salad with apple pie and ice cream for dessert--comfort man-sized meal at its best! Recipe adapted from: Bon Appetit (September 2004).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pour the buttermilk into a large bowl. Add onion rings, toss to coat. Let stand one hour, tossing occassionally. Drain.
- 2Mix flour, onion powder, garlic salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- 3Add onion rings and toss to coat.
- 4Preheat oven to 350-degrees F.
- 5Prepare grill.
- 6Brush steaks with oil and sprinkle with garlic salt, onion powder and pepper.
- 7Pour oil in cast iron skillet to a depth of 2-3 inches and heat oil over medium high heat until oil is about 350-degrees F.
- 8Working with a few onion rings at a time, fry onion rings for 2-3 minutes.
- 9Drain on paper towels and then put on cookie sheet to keep warm in the preheated oven.
- 10Repeat until all are fried and drained and kept warm in oven.
- 11While cooking onion rings grill steaks to desired doneness (about 10 minutes per side depending on the thickness of the steaks).
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Rib-eyes and Fried Onion Rings
Serving Size: 1 (376 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2447.2
- Calories from Fat 2046
- Total Fat 227.4 g
- Saturated Fat 18.1 g
- Cholesterol 7.3 mg
- Sodium 201.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 90.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 11.7 g
- Protein 17.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rib eye steaks