From Bon Appétit, August 1999.
Make and share this Grilled Rib-Eye Steaks With Roasted Peppers recipe from Food.com.
- 158.51 ml olive oil
- 44.37 ml minced fresh thyme
- 29.58 ml minced fresh savory or 9.85 ml dried savory
- 19.71 ml mashed anchovy fillets
- 4 (1814.36 g) rib eye steaks, trimmed of excess fat (each about 1 1/2-inches thick)
- 3 red bell peppers
- 3 yellow bell peppers
- 2 green bell peppers
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 29.58 ml minced fresh parsley
- Whisk 1/3 cup oil, thyme, savory and 2 teaspoons anchovies in 13x9x2-inch glass dish to blend.
- Add steaks; turn to coat.
- Let stand at room temperature 1 hour, or cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Char all peppers over gas flame, in broiler or on barbecue until blackened on all sides.
- Enclose peppers in paper bag 10 minutes.
- Peel, seed and cut peppers into 1/2-inch-wide strips.
- Mix 1/3 cup oil, 2 teaspoons anchovies and garlic in large bowl to blend.
- Add peppers.
- Season with salt and pepper. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and chill. Bring peppers to room temperature before continuing.).
- Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat).
- Remove steaks from marinade; pat dry.
- Sprinkle steaks with salt and pepper.
- Grill steaks to desired doneness, about 6 minutes per side for medium-rare.
- Transfer to cutting board.
- Let stand 5 minutes.
- Cut steaks diagonally into thin slices.
- Divide meat among plates.
- Spoon peppers next to meat.
- Pour any juices from cutting board over peppers.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve.