1/1 Photo of Grilled Rib-Eye Steaks With Roasted Peppers
From Bon Appétit, August 1999.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh savory or 2 teaspoons dried savory
- 4 teaspoons mashed anchovy fillets
- 4 (16 ounce) rib eye steaks, trimmed of excess fat (each about 1 1/2-inches thick)
- 3 red bell peppers
- 3 yellow bell peppers
- 2 green bell peppers
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1Whisk 1/3 cup oil, thyme, savory and 2 teaspoons anchovies in 13x9x2-inch glass dish to blend.
- 2Add steaks; turn to coat.
- 3Let stand at room temperature 1 hour, or cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 4Char all peppers over gas flame, in broiler or on barbecue until blackened on all sides.
- 5Enclose peppers in paper bag 10 minutes.
- 6Peel, seed and cut peppers into 1/2-inch-wide strips.
- 7Mix 1/3 cup oil, 2 teaspoons anchovies and garlic in large bowl to blend.
- 8Add peppers.
- 9Season with salt and pepper. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and chill. Bring peppers to room temperature before continuing.).
- 10Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat).
- 11Remove steaks from marinade; pat dry.
- 12Sprinkle steaks with salt and pepper.
- 13Grill steaks to desired doneness, about 6 minutes per side for medium-rare.
- 14Transfer to cutting board.
- 15Let stand 5 minutes.
- 16Cut steaks diagonally into thin slices.
- 17Divide meat among plates.
- 18Spoon peppers next to meat.
- 19Pour any juices from cutting board over peppers.
- 20Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Rib-Eye Steaks With Roasted Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (392 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 823.8
- Calories from Fat 616
- Total Fat 68.5 g
- Saturated Fat 22.9 g
- Cholesterol 154.5 mg
- Sodium 132.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 41.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: