Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
Bon Appétit | June 2006 Melissa Clark
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 2 teaspoons cognac
- salt and pepper
- 3 lbs rib eye steaks (about 1 1/2-inch-thick)
- For the Parsley-Garlic Butter, mix together in small bowl, then cover and chill first five ingredients.
- Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat). Rub steaks with generous amounts of salt and pepper.
- Grill steaks to desired doneness, about 6 minutes per side for medium-rare. Cut each steak in half, top with spoonful of chilled butter, and serve.
Thank you for a wonderful herb butter. I didn't have rib-eye just a flank steak that I marinated in Grilled Fillet Steak With Herbs and served with fresh from the garden squash, both topped with your butter. Decided I'm going to use the rest for making garlic bread YUMMMMMMY!
Absolutely delicious. Note that the butter goes on after your steaks are finished on the grill. Melts right in...heaven.
Really good, but a note to myself is that with the additional of the butter, need to watch the grill, otherwise the steaks get cooked too quickly.