1/1 Photo of Grilled Rib-Eye of Beef With Warm Potatoes, Bacon, and Leeks
I just love a good rib-eye steak, and this is one of our favorite ways to prepare. Cooks Note: The warmer the potatoes, the more the vinaigrette they will absorb, so you must work quickly and carefully while they are still hot. Recipe from: The Tribeca Grill Cookbook
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 ounces thick slab bacon, finely diced
- 1 cup diced leek, white parts only
- 1/2 cup finely diced shallot
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup sherry wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 lbs yukon gold potatoes
- coarse salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- 6 rib eye steaks, trimmed of excess fat, one inch thick
- 1Place the bacon in a large sauté pan over medium-low heat. Cook, stirring frequently, for about 10 minutes or until the fat is rendered out and the bacon bits are very crisp. If necessary, lower the heat to keep the bacon from burning.
- 2Add the leeks and shallots and sauté for 3 minutes or just until the vegetables are soft. Remove from the heat.
- 3Whisk together the oil, vinegar, and mustard.
- 4Place the potatoes in a large saucepan with cold, salted water to cover by 1 inch, over high heat. Bring to a boil; lower the heat and simmer for 20 minutes or until the potatoes are tender when pierced with the point of a small, sharp knife. Remove from the heat and drain well.
- 5Working quickly, push the peels off the potatoes in a mixing bowl and add the warm bacon mixture, tossing to combine (see Note).
- 6Pour the mustard mixture over the top and season to taste with salt and pepper. Toss to combine. Sprinkle the top with the parsley. Cover lightly and keep warm.
- 7Preheat and oil the grill.
- 8Season the steaks with salt and pepper to taste. Place them on the hot grill and cook, turning once, for 8 to 10 minutes for medium-rare.
- 9Spoon equal portions of the warm potato mixture onto each of six plates. Place a steak on top.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Rib-Eye of Beef With Warm Potatoes, Bacon, and Leeks
Serving Size: 1 (242 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 522.3
- Calories from Fat 361
- Total Fat 40.1 g
- Saturated Fat 8.0 g
- Cholesterol 19.4 mg
- Sodium 278.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 6.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sherry wine vinegar
rib eye steaks